Thursday, December 2, 2010

Columbia Ad

This is Bobby's pick for an Ad this week.  I found this ad for Columbia, I thought it was really funny.  Men like humor, so it appeals to men.

I like that this ad isn't a "pretty" ad.  It is rough and rugged, I like the lack of color.  The dirty socks remind me of the dirty clothes all over my floor, which my mom nags me to clean up.  I like the stamp "TESTED TOUGH" that means these socks are strong enough to withstand my feet in my dirty boots, and will keep my feet warm, dry, and protected when hiking or doing something outdoors.  The phrase is catchy, it has a sexual innuendo, and it makes me laugh.  I think a lot of men, and guys would find this funny, and some girls would just say "ugh how vulgar!" But for men this works.  Reminds me of guy talk. This ad is biased and targeted for men. REAL TOUGH MEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment